Sunday, June 20, 2010

I worked on a Quilt Top last week that I REALLY love, I am usually a very traditional style type quilter, this one is an Amy Butler pattern called Belle. I had a variety of fabrics that I wanted use in my process. This quilt will finish out close to 47" X 60", and it will look great (if I do say so myself).  I already have fabric to do this quilt in a pink, black and bright green version. With the variety of bright bold colors, this is a very happy quilt.Can't you just picture this quilt would as a great children's quilt, a lap quilt that you could curl up in a chair with, or draped on a window seat or favorite rocker. I have found a backing fabric that will be perfect. I should be able to get started on the backing in the next 3 weeks.
I know that time will drag by but working at two jobs, both part time, will take up a great deal of time. It seems that working occasionally at two different places is harder than when I had a full time position. I think its because I work different times and different shifts.
I would love to know what some of your opinions are,



What would you do, stick with the traditional?

or go forward with these big bold prints?



No comments:

Post a Comment