Monday, June 7, 2010

All About Baskets

I posted a basket block picture a few weeks ago. I think you should know a little bit about the block. I am re posting along with the picture of the project it goes with. www.stitchinheaven.com have block party's from time to time, this is the summer Spring Fling party block program that is made with the Moda Blush fabric. It is really coming along great. I have completed 6 blocks and I am waiting on the other 6. They are coming two at a time every other week.
The pattern is pictured with a different fabric family, which is really pretty, but I like the Moda Blush Fabric. I have not been able to order the finishing kit for the project but I am saving all my scraps and I hope to get the kit before the project ends. Working part time makes it difficult to get the kit right now. Here are the 6 completed blocks including the 1st block again...


I didn't mention the absolute best part, these blocks are a great buy at $5.00 each. Fun project, easy to follow project, and Great pricing.
As I go I am placing my pattern and color sheets in a handy sleeve this makes it easy to find the whole project and I have a tendency to pull all the pages out and envision the process over and over. Once I complete this project I will put the pages in a loose leaf notebook. 
I have done this with all of my block of the month patterns over the years. I've gone back a few times with other fabric waves and put together my own block of the month (personal use only) project. Sometimes as with this block, I want to see it finished out in a different way. I have never been disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment