Monday, October 31, 2011

I had someone deliver this quilt top one day in a bag were it had been put in hopes of one day becoming a quilt. So many times when families are going through a loved ones items after they pass away they find quilt tops that are incomplete. When I see one that needs to be finished I can't wait to see what can be done...This one took a little bit of creative thought.  

I wonder if the quilt was never finished because it could not be squared up?
I studied this quilt 5 or 6 times before I decided the best fix for it was to applique the star on muslin whole cloth. It is not the normal way to finish a star like this, but This star was really calling to me...



Once I had it pinned to the fabric I had to fold and tuck some area of the quilt so it would lay correctly. 
Once pinned and tucked and Appliqued, I had a longarm quilter do a beautiful pattern over the quilt. 

I just love the way this quilt turned out.
Do you have a quilt that needs to be finished and the pattern has disappeared somewhere along the way.  Don't give up on it, there is a way to put your quilt together. You would not want to lose a beautiful piece of your past without a fight.


No comments:

Post a Comment