Saturday, March 31, 2012

A baby quilt with Aviary II Tumbler's

I posted that this beautiful quilt was coming...I think it turned out perfectly. I wanted a very modern baby quilt for my shop on line so tell me what you think Pretty?  


I spent a weekend cutting out Tumbler shapes...

then decided on the best way to piece this Beautiful Quilt

Yellow, Gray, and Black.

I thought about keeping this on at home for myself, but I am sure I will enjoy boxing it up to ship out as a wonderful Baby or Toddler Quilt for someone special.

This quilt measures 55 inches by 69 inches... 

I like an over sized quilt for babies. I want it to take them from a small baby to an inquisitive toddler who likes to drag this favorite quilt along.

The tumbler shaped edge gives a little twist on the everyday straight line.

The flowers and birds are pretty...

The backing witch is not Joel Dewberry fabric matches perfectly.

The flower's and leaves are amazing...

The Tumbler shapes look good...

The colors contrast so well.

What do you think? 
Could this pattern be one of your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried this pattern before but yours is beautiful ! I'm sure it will make a happy baby somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a fun pattern...and really quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete