Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The School Nurse has arrived...

Last week school started and I started a new job. It has been an exciting time for me. I have transitioned from an Industrial Nurse, Safety Manager, Assisted Living Nurse, to an Elementary School Nurse. What a fun environment to work in. I went from major injuried and Workers Compensation Issuses to Sraped Knees, loose teeth, Stomach Aches and Missing your Mom and Dad. What a GREAT environment. I walked into a blank space.





It took some scrambling to pull together furniture and turning my office into a comfortable place to be every day.
Not only did I start my new job, my youngest son started college at Auburn University in Auburn Alabama.

As Mr. Rose started helping me pull the office together, I started working on my special touches. When you Quilt and do all kinds of Crafts you have to come up with the right look. Here is mine...
I wanted a pretty quilted sign...
I bought a set of 4 blank cork boards and took this great fabric and acessorized.
These were brown bins, that needed just a little something. Storage bins are a must in my new space.
Brown Curtains with a strip of my fabric give privacy from the class next door.
Office supplies that coordinate the look.
I decided to make some great covered thumb tacks.
When I found this great orange clock I had to have it. It really tops off the whole look.

There are a few special items that are still in the works but they are going to be completed in the next few days.
I cut out fabric letters to help other teachers on my hall with a special sign. They had a great idea, and I had the fabric to help with the letters. I will get more completed over the weekend and hopefully be able to show you the whole look.

No comments:

Post a Comment