Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Heart Blocks

This weekend with the ice storm that was suppose to be approaching the area, Selma AL, I made Heart Blocks. I really enjoy making blocks for my quilting. I love vibrant colors as much as muted tones. I wanted to work on something with no deadline and no pressure. I have made these blocks in the past all in Blue and White. This time I wanted to use scrapes and just piece and play with my fabric.

What is it about fabric running through a quilters fingers that just makes you feel so good?



I know I included Amy Butler, Joel Dewberry, Heather Bailey, and several other designers.

All BEAUTIFUL!


Fortunately the big storm missed my area but work was canceled on Monday, January 10, 2011.


But can't say I didn't enjoy playing in sewing room...



Each heart is completely different.



To achieve complete random piecing, I stick all of my 2 1/2 inch squares in a basket and just keep going until you run out of fabric.



I wish I could say I used up a lot of my stash...but no, I just can't do it.

 
 Completed blocks measure 10 X 10





I made 14 blocks, now what should I do to use these? I would love to make a quilt, 12 blocks with a pretty border, then maybe a mini-quilt or two. These would be GREAT blocks for a mini-quilt.

I have a T-Shirt quilt that I will start on next week that needs to be completed soon, but I wanted to wait until after my son went back to College. After he does that, things will get back to normal around here. Whatever normal is.


No comments:

Post a Comment